Iowa State basketball has a chance to quickly erase the loss to Texas Tech from memory when they host Texas on Big Monday.
- When: 8:00 PM CT
- Where: Hilton Coliseum; Ames, IA
- TV: ESPN
- Stream: WatchESPN (authorized cable/satellite provider required)
- Announcers: Brent Musburger (play-by-play), Fran Fraschilla (analyst), Holly Rowe (sideline)
- Radio: Cyclone Radio Network (affiliate list)
- Announcers: John Walters (play-by-play), Eric Heft (analyst)
AP top 25 update
Iowa State falls out of the top 10 to 15th in the AP poll. Kansas jumps back up to ninth and is the highest Big 12 team. West Virginia is 17th, Texas is 19th, Baylor is 20th, and Oklahoma is 24th.
As of Monday afternoon, Iowa State is a five-point favorite at most Vegas and offshore sportsbooks. The line opened up with a 3.5-point spread and moved up as the public has been pounding on the Cyclones. Right now, the consensus is at 60 percent for ISU. The total points is set at 140.
Projected starting lineups
- Georges Niang (#31, Jr F)
- Dustin Hogue (#22, Sr F)
- Monte Morris (#11, So G)
- Naz Long (#15, Jr G)
- Bryce Dejean-Jones (#13, Sr G)
- Isaiah Taylor (#1, So G)
- Demarcus Holland (#2, Jr G)
- Jonathan Holmes (#10, Sr F)
- Connor Lammert (#21, Jr F)
- Cameron Ridley (#55, Jr C)
This is Iowa State basketball’s second appearance on ESPN this season. Last time on, they defeated Kansas when College GameDay came to town. Ah, those were the good old days before losing to Texas Tech. Here’s where you can find the four-letter network.
- DirecTV: 206
- Dish Network: 140
- AT&T U-verse: 1602 (602 SD)
- Verizon FiOS: 570 (70 SD)
- Google Fiber: 21
- Mediacom (Ames/Nevada): 830 (35, 55-5 SD)
- Georges Niang averages 15.8 points per game and shoots over 50 percent from the field when playing against Texas.
- Jameel McKay didn’t have a block for the first time since his season debut against Drake, but had a career-high 10 rebounds against Texas Tech.
- Iowa State basketball lost for the eighth time in the Fred Hoiberg era when having a better shooting percentage than their opponent.
More from Clones Confidential
- Get Cyclones News, in the New FanSided Android App
- Clones Confidential Madness: Win $500 or an Apple TV from RetailMeNot and LockerDome
- FanSided Madness: Win $500 or an Apple TV from RetailMeNot and LockerDome
- Get Instant Cyclones News, in the New Sports Illustrated App
- Iowa State basketball: Comeback over Iowa receives wrong attention