Iowa State basketball heads out on the road for the first time in Big 12 play. They opened up conference play with a victory over Oklahoma State. They’ll try to stay undefeated when they take on West Virginia.
- When: 7:00 PM CT
- Where: WVU Coliseum; Morgantown, WV
- Network: ESPN2
- Stream: WatchESPN (requires authorized cable/satellite provider)
- Announcers: Jon Sciambi (play-by-play), Fran Fraschilla (analyst)
- Radio: Cyclones Radio Network (affiliate list)
- Announcers: John Walters (play-by-play), Eric Heft (analyst)
Iowa State basketball comes in with two overall losses (11-2) and have won their lone game in Big 12 play. West Virginia has just one loss on the season (14-1). They could easily be undefeated if they didn’t blow a significant lead to LSU at home. The Mountaineers are 2-0 in conference action with wins over TCU and Texas Tech on the road (by the same 78-67 score interestingly enough).
What’s on the line in this top-17 matchup according to the AP poll? The winner could arguably be the best squad in the Big 12.
After West Virginia opened as a 5-point favorite, the spread is shrinking. Offshore sportsbooks have the Cyclones listed as either a 4 or 4.5-point underdog as of late Friday night.
Projected starting lineups
- Georges Niang (#31, Jr F)
- Dustin Hogue (#22, Sr F)
- Monte Morris (#11, So G)
- Naz Long (#15, Jr G)
- Bryce Dejean-Jones (#13, Sr G)
- Devin Williams (#5, So F)
- Jonathan Holton (#1, Jr F)
- Gary Browne (#14, Sr G)
- Juwan Staten (#3, Sr G)
- Daxter Miles Jr. (#4, Fr G)
This is Iowa State basketball’s fourth contest on ESPN2 this season. For what it’s worth, the Cyclones are 3-0 when being shown on The Deuce.
The network is available on nearly everybody’s basic cable or satellite package.
- DirecTV ch. 209
- Dish Network ch. 144
- AT&T U-verse ch. 1606 (or 606)
- Verizon FiOS ch. 574 (or 74)
- Mediacom (Ames/Nevada) ch. 831 (HD), 36 (SD), and 55-13 (SD).
By the way, this announcer combination of Boog Sciambi and Big 12 expert Fran Fraschilla is probably my favorite duo. I love Boog (especially on the baseball call) and, of course, everybody loves Fran.