The latest update for the 2015 Iowa State football recruiting class is that they will be adding a talented junior college cornerback that also plays at safety and returns kicks on special teams.
Jomal Wiltz from Trinity Valley Community College committed to the Cyclones and announced his decision on Twitter on late Tuesday afternoon.
According to Cyclone Report (subscription required), a decision for Wiltz was expected today and the two final candidates were Iowa State and California. According to 247Sports, Middle Tennessee State, Tulsa, and UNLV also gave offers to the prospect. Wiltz made an official visit to the team back on November 21st.
More from Football Recruiting
- National Signing Day 2015: Iowa State picks up stealth RB from California
- Iowa State football: 2015 National Signing Day tracker
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones gain 3-star Kansas OT commitment
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones pick up Florida defensive tackle
- Iowa State football recruiting: 3-star Georgia RB commits to Cyclones
Wiltz checks in at 5-foot-10 and 180 pounds with a 40-time of 4.40. The cornerback also plays at safety and also has experience on special teams returning the ball. According to former Iowa State recruiting insider Zack Spears, Wiltz had 52 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, 14 pass deflections, three picks, and a forced fumble when playing as a corner at Trinity Valley.
247Sports currently doesn’t have a ranking on the cornerback/safety/return specialist from Galena Park, Texas, and neither do other recruiting services like Rivals or ESPN.
However, Wiltz does have a few highlight reels over at Hudl. Here’s a highlight package against Iowa Western that saw him record a season-high seven tackles and one of those being a TFL.
What are your thoughts on the incoming secondary/special teams player? Give us your thoughts below in the comments section.
More from Clones Confidential
- Get Cyclones News, in the New FanSided Android App
- Clones Confidential Madness: Win $500 or an Apple TV from RetailMeNot and LockerDome
- FanSided Madness: Win $500 or an Apple TV from RetailMeNot and LockerDome
- Get Instant Cyclones News, in the New Sports Illustrated App
- Iowa State basketball: Comeback over Iowa receives wrong attention