More from Iowa State Cyclones
- Get Cyclones News, in the New FanSided Android App
- Clones Confidential Madness: Win $500 or an Apple TV from RetailMeNot and LockerDome
- FanSided Madness: Win $500 or an Apple TV from RetailMeNot and LockerDome
- Get Instant Cyclones News, in the New Sports Illustrated App
- Make sure a Cyclones fan is crowned Fan of the Year
Over the weekend, the Philadelphia Eagles released Knott earlier on Sunday while the Washington Redskins did the same to McDonough. First, here’s the reaction on Knott from Bleeding Green Nation, and it’s a surprised one.
"It’s a little curious the Eagles released Knott now because they could have kept him on the suspended list and made a decision to keep or cut him later on. He wouldn’t have counted against the Eagles 53-man roster limit until after Week 4 of the 2014 season."
Even though he has been released, the post later said that Knott is still eligible for the practice squad.
Things looked bleak for Knott when 2014 started. Getting hit with a performance enhancing drugs suspension and then not being able to take part in preseason because of a hamstring injury almost put the Eagles in a tough position not to let him go. It may not be fair, but perhaps not could land on the practice squad for this year and work his way back into the NFL.
Elsewhere, ESPN 980 tweeted a list of Redskins that were cut earlier today.
That stint certainly didn’t last long between the Redskins and McDonough. The defensive end was signed at the end of July only to be cut less than four weeks later.