With a new way to crown the college football champion comes a brand new trophy, and because it’s against Twitter law to like new things, everybody on the social media network hates it.
More from Iowa State Cyclones
- Get Cyclones News, in the New FanSided Android App
- Clones Confidential Madness: Win $500 or an Apple TV from RetailMeNot and LockerDome
- FanSided Madness: Win $500 or an Apple TV from RetailMeNot and LockerDome
- Get Instant Cyclones News, in the New Sports Illustrated App
- Make sure a Cyclones fan is crowned Fan of the Year
For every one person that you actually see say something good about the new trophy, there’s about 30 people that say it looks ugly. Half of them compare it to a female lady part.
That’s about the norm for anything new that’s introduced in the world of Twitter.
Here is the public reaction to the College Football Playoff trophy.
I don’t really understand how so many people can develop hatred toward something like this. My vote goes simply goes toward a big waste of time in changing the trophy anyway, not to mention one that’s 35 pounds of 24-karat gold.
But it’s surprising to see the amount of people that actually hate this thing. What are your thoughts on the trophy?