Chris Babb started in his first game during the NBA Summer League, and despite not having Kelly Olynyk‘s services, the Boston Celtics were able to defeat the Orlando Magic and will play in the 3rd-place game on Friday morning.
More from Iowa State Cyclones
- Get Cyclones News, in the New FanSided Android App
- Clones Confidential Madness: Win $500 or an Apple TV from RetailMeNot and LockerDome
- FanSided Madness: Win $500 or an Apple TV from RetailMeNot and LockerDome
- Get Instant Cyclones News, in the New Sports Illustrated App
- Make sure a Cyclones fan is crowned Fan of the Year
Babb had 8 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 assists in 23:52 of action. It was a near perfect game with only one turnover committed and didn’t pick up a foul in the contest. He shot 2-of-7 from the field and went 1-of-4 from downtown.
Again, while Babb didn’t overload the box score, he contributed and made a couple of clutch free throws at the end of the game to help the Celtics hold on to their 76-67 victory
Despite winning, Boston has no chance to make it to the championship game in Orlando. The Indiana Pacers outscored their opponents by an accumulated score of 32 points while the Celtics had a point differential of zero.
However, they will play in the third-place game against the Pacers, the Detroit Pistons, or the Memphis Grizzlies. The game will be played at 9:00 AM Central time and will be televised on NBATV.
- Toronto Raptors (Diante Garrett?) vs Los Angeles Lakers (Kane) – 5:00 PM, TV: NBATV
- Golden State Warriors (McGee) vs New Orleans Hornets – 7:30 PM, Web: ESPN3
- Sacramento Kings vs San Antonio Spurs (Ejim) – 9:00 PM, TV: NBATV