Shortly after news broke that DeAndre Kane would be playing for the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Summer League, it was rumored that Melvin Ejim would end up with the San Antonio Spurs.
More from Iowa State Cyclones
- Get Cyclones News, in the New FanSided Android App
- Clones Confidential Madness: Win $500 or an Apple TV from RetailMeNot and LockerDome
- FanSided Madness: Win $500 or an Apple TV from RetailMeNot and LockerDome
- Get Instant Cyclones News, in the New Sports Illustrated App
- Make sure a Cyclones fan is crowned Fan of the Year
Turns out it may be more than just that.
It’s official that Ejim will be playing with the Spurs. The team was actively looking at him during workouts and there were mock drafts out there that had him going as either the 58th or 60th pick in the draft last night.
After Chris Williams of Cyclone Fanatic tweeted out that multiple sources confirmed Ejim joining the Spurs, he then said that the former Iowa State forward could also play in Orlando with the Philadelphia 76ers.
The entire NBA Summer League is played from July 5th through the 21st, but the majority of them won’t see action until July 11th in Las Vegas. However, there’s a separate summer league in Orlando that runs from the 5th through the 11th.
Here’s the schedule for the 76ers in Orlando. There’s a potential that NBATV could just broadcast every game, but nothing has been confirmed from what I’ve found. Every game will be streamed live on NBA Summer League Live.
- Saturday, July 5th: Orlando vs Philadelphia – 12:00 PM CT
- Sunday, July 6th: Philadelphia vs Oklahoma City – 4:00 PM CT
- Tuesday, July 8th: Houston vs Philadelphia – 6:00 PM CT
- Wednesday, July 9th: Philadelphia vs Brooklyn – 4:00 PM CT
- Friday, July 11th: Championship Day
Instead of a tournament, there’s a point system to find out who plays who and when on championship day.
And here’s the San Antonio Spurs schedule in Las Vegas:
- Friday, July 11th: Sacramento vs San Antonio – 9:00 PM CT (TV: NBATV)
- Sunday, July 13th: Cleveland vs San Antonio – 3:00 PM CT (TV: NBATV)
- Monday, July 14th: San Antonio vs New Orleans – 5:30 PM CT
To recap, here’s a not yet finalized list of all the Cyclones that will be competing in the summer league:
- DeAndre Kane: Los Angeles Lakers
- Melvin Ejim: San Antonio Spurs, Philadelphia 76ers
- Tyrus McGee: Golden State Warriors
- Will Clyburn: Los Angeles Clippers
- Chris Babb: Boston Celtics
- Diante Garrett: Utah Jazz
- Craig Brackins: Portland Trail Blazers
If there’s an update or a Cyclone is missing and not on this list, let us know.