Iowa State is barely holding on as a one-point favorite against Texas Tech on Saturday.
More from Football
- Iowa State football: DeVondrick Nealy, Tad Ecby leave the program
- National Signing Day 2015: Iowa State picks up stealth RB from California
- Iowa State football: 2015 National Signing Day tracker
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones gain 3-star Kansas OT commitment
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones pick up Florida defensive tackle
The game is essentially a pick’em as the line has actually grown in Vegas from a one-point favorite to adding the hook at 1.5 points. Looking at offshore sportsbooks, 5Dimes was the only place that had the Cyclones as a 2-point favorite on November 16th, but that quickly dropped to 1.5 in less than a half hour.
Total points opened up at 69 and have grown to 71 in Vegas. Expect that number to continue growing up until kickoff.
Nov 15, 2014; Lubbock, TX, USA; The Texas Tech Red Raiders enter the field before the game with the Oklahoma Sooners at Jones AT&T Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Michael C. Johnson-USA TODAY Sports
- Texas Tech is 5-1 ATS in last six games after a BYE week.
- Texas Tech is 5-11 ATS in last 16 games.
- Texas Tech is 2-5 ATS in last seven road games against a team with a losing record.
- Texas Tech is 1-10 ATS in last 11 games in November.
- Iowa State is 4-0 ATS in last four home games against a team with a losing record.
- Iowa State is 4-1 ATS in last five games against teams with a losing record.
- Iowa State is 1-3-1 ATS in last five Big 12 games.
- Over is 7-2 in Texas Tech’s last nine games in November
- Over is 19-7 in Texas Tech’s last 26 road games.
- Over is 4-0 in Iowa State’s last four games after a bye week.
- Over is 4-0 in Iowa State’s last four home games.
- Under is 11-5 in Texas Tech’s last 16 games after a double-digit loss.
- Under is 21-7 in Iowa State’s last 28 home games against a team with a losing record.
- Favored team is 7-3 ATS in last 10 meetings between Iowa State and Texas Tech.
According to Covers, 56 percent of the public is on Iowa State while their experts are also on the favorites, 6 to 2. Believe it or not, 56 percent of the public is on the under (which is currently set at 71) and the experts are also on the under at a whopping 5 to 1.
Clones Confidential predicts a very high scoring game that could really go either way. Our best advice is to stay away from the line and actually pick the over even if it is over 70. If Sam B. Richardson is under center for Iowa State, the over will feel more comfortable.