Iowa State finally opened up as favorites in Big 12 action by nearly a touchdown, but the line has moved steadily closer to even as the week has progressed.
More from Football
- Iowa State football: DeVondrick Nealy, Tad Ecby leave the program
- National Signing Day 2015: Iowa State picks up stealth RB from California
- Iowa State football: 2015 National Signing Day tracker
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones gain 3-star Kansas OT commitment
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones pick up Florida defensive tackle
Nearly all of the Vegas and offshore sports books opened up the Cyclones at five and the hook, but it’s gone down to either being a 4 or 3.5-point favorite. If you’re shopping around, the Mirage has the highest line at 4.5 points.
The point total has opened up at 55 in Vegas.
- Iowa State is 4-0 ATS in last four games against a team with a losing record.
- Iowa State is 8-3 ATS in last 11 away games against a team with a losing home record.
- Kansas is 3-7 ATS in last 10 games.
- Kansas is 2-7 ATS in last nine games against a team with a losing record.
- Over is 7-0 in Iowa State’s last seven road games against a team with a losing home record.
- Over is 4-1 in Iowa State’s last five games overall.
- Under is 6-1 in Kansas’ last seven Big 12 games and games overall.
- Under is 4-1 in Kansas’ last five home games.
- Road team is 4-1 ATS in last five meetings between Iowa State and Kansas.
What the bettors say
Over at Covers, two-thirds of the betting public are on Iowa State as favorites (it’s been getting bigger as the line as dropped, obviously). The experts are even more on the Cyclones, 7 to 2. As for the point total, the public is just edging on the over at 51 percent while the experts are more convincing on the over, 4 to 1.
Clones Confidential is predicting a 34-20 Iowa State victory over Kansas (which will be explained more in the preview later today). Stay away from the point total (55 is a perfect number for Vegas), but go ahead and lay the lumber with the Cyclones.