Oklahoma started off as 16-point favorites against Iowa State, and that’s generally where the line has held at as the public is nearly divided in half.
More from Football
- Iowa State football: DeVondrick Nealy, Tad Ecby leave the program
- National Signing Day 2015: Iowa State picks up stealth RB from California
- Iowa State football: 2015 National Signing Day tracker
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones gain 3-star Kansas OT commitment
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones pick up Florida defensive tackle
The Cyclones will be double digit home dogs again on Saturday. They actually opened up as 15.5-point underdogs in two of three Vegas sportsbooks but are now 16.5-point underdogs everywhere. That includes offshore sportsbooks. Bascially, good luck shopping for a line that’s different than 16 and a hook right now.
The point total opened at 63 points in Vegas, and it can be found around the same mark on offshore sportsbooks.
- Oklahoma is 5-1 ATS in their last six road games.
- Iowa State is 4-1-1 ATS in their last six home games.
- Iowa State is 0-2-2 ATS in last four home games against a team with a winning record.
- Over is 4-0 in Oklahoma’s last four games against a team with a losing record.
- Over is 5-0-1 in Oklahoma’s last six road games.
- Over is 9-1-1 in Oklahoma’s last 11 games overall.
- Over is 8-2 in Iowa State’s last 10 games after a BYE week.
- Over is 4-1 in Iowa State’s last five Big 12 games.
- Oklahoma is 7-2 ATS as a favorite in the last nine meetings.
Nov 16, 2013; Norman, OK, USA; Oklahoma Sooners running back Damien Williams (26) scores a touchdown while being pursued by Iowa State Cyclones Jacques Washington (5) in the second half at Gaylord Family – Oklahoma Memorial Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark D. Smith-USA TODAY Sports
What the bettors say
The line is nearly split with the public. 54 percent of the people are picking the favorites. The Covers experts are heavy on Iowa State, however, 7 to 1. Nearly two-thirds of the public are on the over at 63 percent, and the expert are close with a 4 to 3 edge on the over.
Clones Confidential is predicting a 38-31 victory for Oklahoma, which will be elaborated further in tomorrow morning’s preview. Considering the Sooners have had trouble from time to time in Ames and have had a slow start in Big 12 play, definitely take the points Iowa State are getting. Without question, both on trends and with our prediction, pick the over.