More from Football
- Iowa State football: DeVondrick Nealy, Tad Ecby leave the program
- National Signing Day 2015: Iowa State picks up stealth RB from California
- Iowa State football: 2015 National Signing Day tracker
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones gain 3-star Kansas OT commitment
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones pick up Florida defensive tackle
Iowa State released the look of their gold uniforms they’ll be wearing against Toledo this Saturday. The jersey looks similar to something America’s favorite fast food mascot would wear, and as expected, the same joke was repeated multiple times on Twitter.
First, here’s a look at the jerseys, modeled by tight end E.J. Bibbs, from the “Cyclone Football” Twitter account with the tagline, “#Cyclones going for Gold on Saturday.”
There were a handful of fans that liked the jerseys, but most responses were jokes involving McDonald’s and mustard, and not just from the Hawkeye trolls (which none made the final cut, sadly).
Am I a fan of the
gold mustard jerseys that makes the cardinal look like ketchup? Not really. If you want to sell me on gold uniforms, 49er-colored gold is as close as it gets, and I’m still not that particularly fond of it.
But a solid color of mustard doesn’t look good, and many people will agree with that assessment. But you know what? These jerseys aren’t for me or anyone above the age of 19. It’s for the kids, and you know how much kids love Ronald McDonald.