Iowa State’s top wide receiver, Quenton Bundrage, has suffered a torn ACL injury and will be out for the rest of the season.
More from Football
- Iowa State football: DeVondrick Nealy, Tad Ecby leave the program
- National Signing Day 2015: Iowa State picks up stealth RB from California
- Iowa State football: 2015 National Signing Day tracker
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones gain 3-star Kansas OT commitment
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones pick up Florida defensive tackle
The news was revealed during Paul Rhoads’ weekly press conference on Monay and was reported by numerous Cyclones reporters including Tommy Birch.
Bundrage suffered the injury early on in the contest against North Dakota State. He was taken out of the game and didn’t return. He didn’t record any catches.
Iowa State was mum on the injury and there was hope that it wasn’t serious, but unfortunately it will cost him the season. You would expect that Bundrage will be applying for a medical redshirt to gain back this lost season. Bundrage is currently a redshirt junior and would still have two eligible years if the hardship waiver is granted.
For this season, if there’s any silver lining, the wide receiver corps is the deepest on the team. Expect Lazard to become a starter at the “X” position and Montgomery will move from the “Z”. Dondre Daley should continue stating at the “Z” and Jarvis West will be starting at the “F”.