Oct 26, 2013; Ames, IA, USA; Iowa State Cyclones head coach Paul Rhoads argues a call during the second quarter against the Oklahoma State Cowboys at Jack Trice Stadium. Oklahoma State defeated Iowa State 58-27. Mandatory Credit: Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY Sports
Who are the six teams that Iowa State football must defeat this season in order to become bowl eligible? Pencil in an upset that (almost) happens every year, and you just have to focus on five teams to reach postseason competition.
More from Football
- Iowa State football: DeVondrick Nealy, Tad Ecby leave the program
- National Signing Day 2015: Iowa State picks up stealth RB from California
- Iowa State football: 2015 National Signing Day tracker
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones gain 3-star Kansas OT commitment
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones pick up Florida defensive tackle
Outside of last year, each team under the Paul Rhoads era scored a victory against a team nobody expected. Maybe it’ll be off the bye week against Baylor or Oklahoma at home. Maybe it’ll be against Kansas State to get some revenge from the onslaught last season. Maybe it will be another big win at Texas. In any event, lets give the Cyclones that upset win somewhere along the line.
Based on schedule and how their opponents are stacked heading into the season, here are the five wins that Iowa State must score to get to six wins and a bowl berth.