Iowa State has given an offer to Kyle Guy, a 3-star prospect that’s also one of the top overall athletes in the state of Indiana.
More from Basketball Recruiting
- Iowa State basketball recruiting: Deonte Burton signs with the Cyclones
- Iowa State basketball recruiting: Reaction on latest transfer Deonte Burton
- Iowa State men’s basketball recruiting: Malik Dime picks Washington over the Cyclones
- Iowa State men’s basketball recruiting: 4-star prospect Malik Dime to make decision Monday
- Iowa State men’s basketball: Recruiting update for Cheick Diallo, Henry Ellenson
Guy tweeted out late on Sunday night that he received an offer from the Cyclones.
The point guard is ranked 102nd overall in 247Sports’ Top247 in the class of 2016. He’s also the 27th ranked point guard and second-best athlete from Indiana.
Guy has also received offers from Butler, Indiana, Indiana State, Northwestern, Ole Miss, and Purdue. However, there are a lot of basketball powerhouses in the schools of interest, including Dayton, Louisville, Memphis, Michigan, Michigan State, Stanford, UCLA, Wisconsin, Xavier, and much more.
Iowa is also a school of interest. Interestingly enough, Iowa State is the only Big 12 school on a list of more than 25 programs.
Obviously early in the recruiting trail, Guy didn’t get his first offer outside of Indiana until June 16th when he was offered by the Rebels. Prior to that, Butler was considered a favorite since late last year on 247Sports.
Guy checks in at 6-foot-2 and currently weighs 155 pounds. According to MaxPreps, guy played in 18 games for Lawrence Central High last season and averaged 13.6 points, 4.6 rebounds, and 1.7 assists and steals per game.
Remember, this is for the class of 2016. There are still six scholarships available in that year. It should also be noted that guards Monte Morris and Matt Thomas would be seniors that year, and Hallice Cooke and Clayton Custer would be juniors.
Check out a highlight video of Kyle Guy against Perry Meridian High. Check out more videos over at his Hudl page.