Iowa State’s incoming highly-rated wide receiver, Allen Lazard, continues to get national attention. Lately, he was placed on Phil Steele’s top freshman wide receiver list.
The Iowa State Athletics Twitter account posted a picture of the annual college football preseason magazine written by Phil Steele, who ranks him as the 10th-best freshman wide receiver of this upcoming season.
Lazard falls short of the incoming duo at Baylor — KD Cannon (fourth) and Davion Hall (eighth) — who look to keep the explosive offense going with the Bears.
More from Football
- Iowa State football: DeVondrick Nealy, Tad Ecby leave the program
- National Signing Day 2015: Iowa State picks up stealth RB from California
- Iowa State football: 2015 National Signing Day tracker
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones gain 3-star Kansas OT commitment
- Iowa State football recruiting: Cyclones pick up Florida defensive tackle
The other new Big 12 receiver is Michiah Quick on Oklahoma. Two other schools join Baylor in having two highly-touted receivers at the top — LSU and Florida State.
At one point, Lazard was the highest rated receiver in the nation when Rivals first released their class of 2014 rankings.
The new Cyclone receiver has all the potential to make an impact right out of the gate. Paul Rhoads said before spring practice that Lazard would have a fair opportunity to start on the team should he prove is worth.
Check out more of Phil Steele’s thoughts on his website, or check out the full-fledged book wherever magazines are sold. You can also download it on iTunes for under $10.