Here’s the full rundown of Iowa State Cyclones news for the week of April 28th through May 4th.
Mar 15, 2014; Kansas City, MO, USA; Iowa State Cyclones head coach Fred Hoiberg and two of his sons cut the net after the game against the Baylor Bears in the championship game of the Big 12 Conference college basketball tournament at Sprint Center. Iowa State won 74 – 65. Mandatory Credit: Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports
- Four years ago at this time, Fred Hoiberg was introduced as the Iowa State men’s basketball head coach. It’s been money ever since as we look back.
- Oregon State’s Hallice Cooke visited the school over the weekend.
- Assistant coach Doc Sadler took the vacant head coaching job at Southern Miss. Former head coach Larry Eustachy had that job after his exit from the Cyclones.
- Iowa State won’t play Florida or Kentucky in the Big 12/SEC Challenge, but reports say that they’ll play a higher-tier team from the conference.
- Hoiberg’s name was mentioned in the Los Angeles Lakers coaching search, but not like how you’re thinking.
- Top 15 moments of 2013-14 countdown: The redemption in West Virginia, 99 points in remembrance of Johnny Orr, Daniel Edozie’s block against BYU.
- FOX Sports predicts that Iowa State will finish eighth in the Big 12, above West Virginia and Kansas.
- Paul Rhoads will give freshman Allen Lazard a fair chance to start.
- NFL Draft evalutation: Jacques Washington, Kirby Van Der Kamp
- Recruiting: Will Waukee native Trevor Allen get an offer from the Cyclones?
- A way too early preview of the matchup against the Iowa Hawkeyes.