It’s a bit later than expected, but the newest edition of the Attack of the Cyclones podcast is up! I yap about Iowa State’s blowout loss at the hands of West Virginia, Rashad Vaughn’s decision to go to UNLV, Marcus Smart’s suspension, and quickly break down this week’s action in Big 12 basketball.
Here’s all 15-plus minutes of the podcast:
Some fixes right after editing: I realize that Perry Ellis didn’t play the entire game. I said “all 40 minutes” when the game actually had five more minutes with overtime. That was something I didn’t recall immediately while quickly glazing over the game.
Here’s the complete breakdown of the podcast in order:
- Reviewing Rashad Vaughn’s decision and why it’s not as bad as it seems for Iowa State that’s been looking at him for three years.
- 5 things we learned from Iowa State’s loss at West Virginia.
- Final thoughts on Marcus Smart’s suspension and why he needs to show improvement instead of just saying that he will improve.
- Recapping Iowa State news (Troy Douglas, Paul Rhoads’ rant after National Signing Day).
- Looking at Big 12 basketball this week.
- Quick thoughts on Michael Sam coming out and why it shouldn’t be a big deal.
Please give me your thoughts on the podcast! Have a question, comment, or anything else? Let me know via e-mail or in the comment section below!