The Iowa State men’s basketball team hosts Kansas in a top-15 matchup in college basketball.
- Date: Monday, January 13th
- Start time: 8:00 PM CT
- Location: Hilton Coliseum; Ames, Iowa
- Point spread: Iowa State is favored by 2 points.
- TV: ESPN
- Live stream: WatchESPN (must have authorized cable provider)
- TV announcers: Brent Musburger (play-by-play), Fran Fraschilla (analyst), Holly Rowe (sideline reporter)
- Radio: Cyclone Radio Network (affiliate list)
- Radio announcers: John Walters (play-by-play), Eric Heft (analyst)
- Kansas Jayhawks vs Iowa State Cyclones: Game preview and prediction” href=”http://clonesconfidential.com/2014/01/13/kansas-jayhawks-vs-iowa-state-cyclones-game-preview-prediction-2/”>Check out the full preview of Kansas vs Iowa State.
This is the Cyclones’ first appearance on ESPN’s main network and fourth appearance overall on either ESPN or ESPN2.
Iowa State will appear on two showings of ESPN’s Big Monday series. Formerly a doubleheader of Big East and Big 12 basketball, ESPN is contractually obligated to show an ACC game at 6:00 PM Central time and a Big 12 game at 8:00 PM Central time every Monday night during conference play. This usually begins on the first Monday in January after the college football postseason has concluded.
The Cyclones will also make an appearance on Big Monday when they go to Stillwater to take on Oklahoma State on February 3rd.
This is a great duo in the broadcast booth. Brent Musburger is a legendary play caller while Fran Fraschilla has covered Big 12 basketball for years on ESPN and knows his stuff. He’s been really favorable to the Cyclones during his studio appearances and on his Twitter account this season.