There is a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, especially for those of us who are Iowa State fans. Here are some of the things that I am thankful for:
I am thankful for the generosity of Roy and Bobbi Reiman, whose gift of $25 million will one day help to enclose the South end zone at Jack Trice Stadium.
- I am thankful for Fred Hoiberg, who has risen to become one of the top coaches in college basketball in just over three seasons in Ames.
- I am thankful for players like Melvin Ejim, who epitomize the term “student-athlete.”
- I am thankful for Daniel Edozie, who rode the bench for 39 minutes against BYU before making the most important play of the contest late in the game.
- I am thankful for Bill Self and the Kansas Jayhawks for giving us exciting basketball games over the last couple seasons, and who will be sure to give us some exciting showdowns in the future.
- I am thankful for Fran McCaffery and the Iowa Hawkeyes, who will compete this season in what could be one of the best showdowns ever in Hilton Coliseum.
- I am thankful for Paul Rhoads, who has taken the Cyclones to three bowl games in his time in Ames.
- I am thankful for Jeremiah George, Jacques Washington, and all the other Cyclone football players who have continued to fight this season despite disappointment week in and week out.
- I am thankful for Allen Lazard, who remains committed to Iowa State and has already been a recruiting tool for Iowa State.
- I am thankful for Jack Trice and the unique legacy he has left Iowa State University.
- I am thankful for Jamie Pollard, who is leading Iowa State athletics to heights never thought possible.
- I am thankful for Cyclone Nation for filling up stadiums and supporting our Cyclones regardless of a team’s record.
- I am thankful for John Walters and the folks over at Cyclones.tv, who have done an excellent job since launching the station this spring.
- I am thankful for Iowa Nice Guy and Iowa State graduate Scott Siepker, who makes us laugh every week often while taking shots at Nebraska and the NCAA.
- I am thankful for the members of the Big 12 Conference, who have stayed committed despite conference realignment in years past.
What are you thankful for as an Iowa State Cyclones fan?