Fall tournament action begins to heat up for multiple Big 12 teams this week.
Iowa State doesn’t go on their tournament until right around Christmas when they head to the Diamond Head Classic in Honolulu, Hawaii. However, Texas, Kansas State, and West Virginia, among others, begin their tournaments this week.
Many teams are still in the regional hosting rounds, but Kansas State will make their trek to Puerto Rico for a Friday morning tip-off to start the Puerto Rico Tip-off. Some highlights on the schedule include a top-11 matchup between the Memphis Tigers and Oklahoma State Cowboys on Tuesday night in Gallagher-Iba Arena. Also, the Cyclones, with their AP top 25 ranking, will be going on the road for the first time this season against the BYU Cougars on Wednesday night.
Rankings reflect latest AP poll. Central times are listed and TV network assignment immediately follows. Due to the length of the non-conference basketball schedule in the Big 12, weekdays (Mon-Thu) and weekends (Fri-Sun) are separate.
Monday, November 18
- CBE Classic: Houston Baptist (1-1) at Texas (3-0) – 7:00 PM, Longhorn Network
- Legends Classic: Texas Southern (2-2) at Texas Tech (2-1) – 8:00 PM, ESPNU
Tuesday, November 19
- Old Spice Classic: (11)Memphis (1-0) at (7)Oklahoma State (3-0) – 7:00 PM, ESPN
- Iona (1-1) at (2)Kansas (2-0) – 7:00 PM, Jayhawk Sports Network (Web: ESPN3)
- Abilene Christian (0-4) at TCU (0-2) – 7:00 PM, FOX Sports Southwest Plus
Wednesday, November 20th
- Charleston Southern (2-2) at (20)Baylor (3-0) – 6:00 PM, FOX Sports Networks (Midwest Plus)
- (21)Iowa State (3-0) at BYU (4-0) – 8:30 PM, ESPNU
Thursday, November 21st
- Puerto Rico Tip-Off: Charlotte (2-1) vs Kansas State (2-1) at San Juan, Puerto Rico – 9:30 AM, ESPNU
- Cancun Challenge: Georgia Southern (2-1) at West Virginia (2-1) – 6:00 PM, ROOT Sports Pittsburgh
- Legends Classic: South Dakota State (0-3) at Texas Tech (2-1) – 7:00 PM, FOX Sports Southwest Plus