Here are some interesting numbers and quick facts of the football rivalry between the Iowa State Cyclones and Iowa Hawkeyes‘. Some interesting notes include the Cyclones’ taking control of the series over the last 15 years, and how big of outliers the previous two games were.
- 9-6: Iowa State’s record in the last 15 games of the series.
- 15-0: Iowa’s record in the series from 1983 to 1997.
- 23-13: Iowa record in the series during the Cy-Hawk trophy era.
- 39-21: Iowa record all-time in the series.
- 1978: Last time Iowa State was ranked in the Associated Press poll during the Cy-Hawk trophy era.
- 11: Number of times Iowa was ranked in the AP poll during the Cy-Hawk trophy era.
- 2005: The only year Iowa State defeated Iowa when the Hawkeyes were ranked in the AP poll.
What a difference a year makes…
- 85: Most amount of points both teams combined to score in the series (2011).
- 838: Number of total yards both teams combined for in the 2011 game (ISU 473, Iowa 365).
- 15: Least amount of points both teams combined to score in the series (2012).
- 646: Number of total yards both teams combined for in the 2012 game (ISU 342, Iowa 304).
- Hawkeyes are between a 1.5 and 3 point favorite, trending higher by the public.
- Hawkeyes are 2-7 at the spread in the series’ last nine meetings.
- The total, currently set at 48.5, has hit under 7 of last eight games (obviously, the 2011 game didn’t).