Don’t put too much stock into preseason polls.
Lots of changes were made after last week, ranking all the teams in the order of their performances. Because Kansas didn’t play anybody, they’ll remain at the bottom. But since the Cyclones have a BYE week, a solid performance by the Jayhawks could catapult them to…well, probably nine.
Oklahoma takes the top spot after decimating Louisiana-Monroe, shutting them out after knowing how solid the Warhawks are offensively.
Despite losing to LSU, TCU doesn’t move anywhere. That loss was better than any of the other wins below them. Texas Tech fans may be disappointed in just having a ranking at sixth, but the defense didn’t do enough to win skeptics over.
- Oklahoma Sooners (LW: 3) – vs West Virginia
- Texas Longhorns (LW: 2) – at BYU
- Oklahoma State Cowboys (LW: 1) – at Texas San-Antonio
- TCU Horned Frogs (LW: 4) – vs Southeast Louisiana
- Baylor Bears (LW: 6) – vs Buffalo
- Texas Tech Red Raiders (LW: 9) – vs Stephen F. Austin
- Kansas State Wildcats (LW: 5) – vs Louisiana Lafayette
- West Virginia Mountaineers (LW: 7) – at Oklahoma
- Iowa State Cyclones (LW: 8) – BYE
- Kansas Jayhawks (LW: 10) – vs South Dakota