Here’s all the results from predicting the first week of Big 12 action.
Texas Tech 41, Southern Methodist 23
- Straight up: WIN – The offense was classic Red Raiders. All passing and converted over 50 percent of their 3rd downs.
- Against the spread: LOSS – SMU did all it needed to as they gained more yards than TTU. Unfortunately, they couldn’t reach the endzone.
- Over/under: WIN – After an awful start, 42 points in the second half sealed the deal.
North Dakota State 24, Kansas State 21
- Straight up: LOSS – NDSU has four FBS wins in four years. They are coached incredibly well, and proof that coaching is just as important as skilled players.
West Virginia 24, William & Mary 17
- Straight up: WIN – That was way too close for WVU, but implementing a new kind of offense always has it’s struggles. This is why I believe college football would benefit with a preseason game just like this.
Oklahoma State 21, Mississippi State 3
- Straight up: WIN – It was ugly as hell, but the Cowboys were able to turn things around in the second half. Incredibly efficient going 8-14 on 3rd down conversions.
- Against the spread: LOSS – For a long time, I thought the +13 was an easy win.
- Over/under: LOSS – Absolutely no one predicted that low of a total score.
Baylor 69, Wofford 3
- Straight up: WIN – Meh…
Northern Iowa 28, Iowa State 20
- Straight up: LOSS – Oh, you know…
Oklahoma 34, Louisiana-Monroe 0
- Straight up: WIN – The Warhawks had the offense to keep up with anybody last year, but that was nowhere to be found with just 166 total yards.
- Against the spread: WIN – The Sooners had the line in the third quarter alone.
- Over/under: LOSS – Who knew LAMO would end up getting completely shut out against OU, who struggled mightily to open up last season.
Texas 56, New Mexico State 7
- Straight up: WIN – Pretty straightforward.
- Against the spread: WIN – In the first half, it didn’t seem like this one would hit either.
- Over/under: WIN – The Longhorns came 1.5 points from taking the over themselves.
LSU 37, TCU 27
- Straight up: WIN – If this is the Big 12’s best defense, we’ll be in store for plenty of shootouts.
- Against the spread: WIN – Even with four turnovers, TCU had a slim chance at a backdoor cover.
- Over/under: LOSS – It was risky taking the under with such a low total.
- Straight up: 7-2
- Against the spread: 3-2
- Over/under: 2-3