Here are tonight’s projected starting lineups based on who started in their last game. Iowa State will have their usual duo with Tyrus McGee making an appearance somewhere early on in the first half. Expect some play from Anthony Booker and Percy Gibson to match up with the size of Tom Knight and Jack Cooley.
Iowa State Cyclones (22-11, 2-2 neutral)
- Melvin Ejim (03, F, Jr): 6-foot-6, 230-pounds
Now has over 1,000 points in his career (1,011), 30th Cyclone to get over that plateau.
- Georges Niang (31, F, Fr): 6-foot-7, 245-pounds
Matched a career-high 19 points against Kansas in Big 12 Semifinal.
- Chris Babb (02, G, Sr): 6-foot-5, 225-pounds
Now has made a 3-point shot in 29 of 31 games he’s played in this season.
- Korie Lucious (13, G, Sr): 5-foot-11, 170-pounds
Had 16 assists in Big 12 Tournament.
- Will Clyburn (21, G, Sr): 6-foot-7, 210-pounds
Ranks 5th in Big 12 in rebounding average (7.1) per game.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish (25-9, 4-2 neutral)
- Pat Connaughton (24, F, So): 6-foot-5, 212-pounds
Had 48 points in three games of the Big East Tournament; nine points and eight rebounds against Louisville.
- Tom Knight (25, F, Sr): 6-foot-10, 258-pounds
Started in all three Big East Tournament games, averages 17 minutes per game. Went 0-4 from field and had one rebound against Louisville
- Jack Cooley (45, C, Sr): 6-foot-9, 246-pounds
Leads team in rebounding average (10.3) per game.
- Eric Atkins (00, G, Jr): 6-foot-2, 182-pounds
Averages most minutes (38.3) per game.
- Jerian Grant (22, G, Jr): 6-foot-5, 202-pounds
Leads team in average points scored (13.4) and assists (5.7) per game.