The Big 12 Tournament continues on Thursday with all the eight remaining teams playing in the quarterfinals at Kansas City.
In the opening round, Texas Tech opened up with a minor upset, edging out West Virginia 71-69 and will take on Kansas. Texas eventually pulled away from TCU, 70-57, and will take on regular season co-champion Kansas State.
(4)Oklahoma Sooners vs (5)Iowa State Cyclones
11:30 AM CT – ESPN2
- OU: 20-10, 11-7 in conference
- ISU: 21-10, 11-7 in conference
- Both teams fighting for secure NCAA Tournament at-large bid.
- ISU only team that averages over 80 points per game in Big 12.
(1)Kansas Jayhawks vs (9)Texas Tech Red Raiders
Approx. 2:00 PM CT – ESPN2
- KU: 26-5, 14-4 in conference
- TTU only had three conference wins this season.
- Ben McLemore (KU) leads conference in FT percentage (.863), making 107-124 attempts.
- KU leads conference in blocked shots by 61 blocks. Individually, Jeff Withey leds with 124 blocks, doubling up Cory Jefferson in second place.
(2)Kansas State Wildcats vs (7)Texas Longhorns
6:00 PM CT – Big 12 Network (affiliate list) (WOI-TV*, Altitude 2, MASN 2)
- KSU: 25-6, 14-4 in conference
- UT: First time over .500 overall since January 9th
- KSU leads conference in turnover margin (+2.55) and scoring defense (60.5 pts/gm)
- Myck Kabongo (UT) averages 15.6 points, 5.3 rebounds, and 5.3 assists per game.
(3)Oklahoma State Cowboys vs (6)Baylor Bears
Approx. 8:30 PM CT – Big 12 Network (affiliate list) (WOI-TV*, Altitude 2, MASN 2)
- OSU: 23-7, 13-5 in conference
- BAY: 18-13, 9-9 in conference
- Baylor must win to stay on NCAA Tournament bubble.
- Marcus Smart (OSU) leads conference with 89 steals, 32 more than Josh Gray in second place.
*An interesting note for the viewing area here in Ames: WOI-TV, the Des Moines’ ABC affiliate, will be showing all the Big 12 Network regional broadcasts. You can catch all the action over on the Live Well Network, WOI-TV’s secondary digital channel. It can be found on 5.2 over the antenna and Mediacom channels 105 and 245. If Iowa State plays in the semifinal game, it will be broadcast on the main WOI-TV channel.
DirecTV subscribers with the Sports Pack will be able to watch the games nationally on Altitude and MASN. They will also be available nationally online on ESPN3, except a few areas for the games Big 12 Network will broadcast. Check ESPN3’s schedule for more information.
Follow the 2013 Phillips 66 Big 12 Men’s Basketball Tournament all week long on Clones Confidential.