The college basketball season tips off this Friday with a huge slate of games throughout the weekend. Here’s all the early matchups for all the Big 12 schools this week. All times are central.
Friday, November 9th
- 4:00 pm – Lehigh @ Baylor (FSN Southwest/FCS Central)
- 6:00 pm – Cal-Poly @ TCU (FSN Southwest/FCS Central)
- 7:00 pm – Southern @ Iowa State (Cyclones.tv)*
- 7:00 pm – Fresno State @ Texas (Longhorn Network)
- 7:00 pm – Southeast Missouri State @ Kansas (Jayhawk Sports Network/ESPN Full Court)
- 8:00 pm – Prairie View A&M @ Texas Tech (FCS Atlantic)**
- 8:00 pm – UC Davis @ Oklahoma State (FCS Central)**
- 8:00 pm – North Dakota @ Kansas State (FSN Midwest)
Sunday, November 11th
- 2:00 pm – Louisiana-Monroe @ Oklahoma (Sooner Sports Network/FSN Southwest)
- 4:00 pm – Jackson State @ Baylor (FSN Southwest/FCS Pacific)
*Online video only. Must be a paid subscriber to watch.
**For DirecTV customers, games will be on random channels labeled “FCS” in the upper 600’s.
As far as huge matchups go, no game really stands out as a much watch for the casual basketball fan. No team the Big 12 faces finished above a 200 RPI at the end of last season. Perhaps the closest game could be Cal Poly at TCU. Last year, the Horned Frogs finished with an RPI of 205, one higher than the Cal Poly team they open up the season with this year.
The Big 12 doesn’t have a real big reach in the preseason polls. Kansas, ranked seventh in both the AP and Coaches polls, is the highest team ranked in the conference. Baylor is ranked near the bottom, while Texas is ranked at 24th in the Coaches Poll. No team can really make a statement with the bleak schedule.
More coverage on ISU’s opener against Southern later this week. Since we’re talking about RPI, the Jaguars second-last in the entire nation and only had four victories last season.
Brian Spaen is the lead editor for Clones Confidential. Keep up with the latest sports fails and disdain toward the Big Ten by following him on Twitter.