The trio of running backs could all be available tomorrow against Texas Tech, giving Iowa State full strength in the much-needed rushing attack.
Jeff Woody was upgraded to probable, according to injury report provided by DonBest.com. He has been active in all three games on the season, however he’s just touch the ball five total times for 11 yards.
Earlier this week, reports had Woody ranging from doubtful to questionable. It’s a huge addition for a running attack that could be up against a much tougher test than a season ago. Right now, Texas Tech is ranked 11th in rushing defense.
That number may not be as inflated as you think. New Mexico’s offense is built to run the ball and control the clock. They couldn’t do that against the Red Raiders, being held to just 84 yards on 35 attempts.
Other injury updates:
- Wide receiver Quenton Bundrage (mistakes)
Probable. Has one reception for 13 yards.
- Tight end Ricky Howard (knee)
Probable. Has one reception for 12 yards.
- Offensive lineman Shaban Dika
- Offensive lineman Terry McDaniel (back)
- Defensive back Austin Stewart (academics)
- Offensive lineman Tony Morales (knee)
Downgraded to doubtful.
- Wide receiver Marcus Kennard (groin)
Upgraded to probable. Has four receptions for 40 yards and two touchdowns in two games.
- Defensive back Cornelius Douglas (ribs)
Upgraded to probable. Has four tackles (one for six-yard loss) in two games.
- Defensive lineman Michael Starts
Brian Spaen is the lead editor for Clones Confidential. Keep up with the latest sports fails and disdain toward the Big Ten by following him on Twitter.