I’ll go way more in depth on Rutgers in the weeks to come. For right now, I’ll just give a brief description of the Scarlet Knights this year.
- Rutgers finished the year 8-4 overall and 4-3 in conference play (4th in the Big East).
- They lost to UCONN (40-22), #25 West Virginia (41-31), Louisville (16-14), and North Carolina (24-22).
- West Virginia was the only ranked team they played all year (Iowa State played against 7 ranked teams, winning 2).
- Rutgers already has played in Yankee Stadium this year against Army (won 27-12).
- Greg Schiano has been the coach at Rutgers since 2001. In his career there, he has a record of 67-67 and 4-1 in bowl games.
- Greg Schiano still has to make a decision on what quarterback to play in the bowl. The two options are freshman Gary Nova and sophomore Chas Dodd. Nova played mostly in the beginning of the year but Chas Dodd has played a lot lately.
- Jawan Jamison is RU’s leading rusher. He carried the ball 204 times for 766 yards including 7 TDs.
- Rutgers has one of the best receivers in the Big East in Mohamed Sanu. Sanu, a junior, has a whopping 109 catches this year (7 TDs).
Once again, ClonesConfidential.com will bring you more stats and break down of Rutgers in the upcoming weeks.